Here is everything you need to know about donating money to Cowichan Cat Rescue.
We can issue tax receipts for donations of $20.00 CAD or more when the donor provides their full name and address.
About targeting the program, there are two possible accounts that a donation can be put into. One is for our core programs (TNR, Foster Care, Barn Cat), and the other is for the low-income spay
and neuter program. If you make a donation to "Cowichan Cat Rescue" it will go into the account for our core programs. If you make a donation to CCR and add "low-income program" it will go into
the account for that specific program. Either way we would be very happy to get it.
Donations to CCR are applied to our vet bills. Our only 'overheads' are our phone line and our post office box - and the post office box was free this year! All other expenses are covered by our
volunteers personally. We run a very lean machine and you get maximum impact from your donation.
Donations can reach us in the following ways.
- You can donate to us through Paypal, either one-time or monthly, using the button at the bottom of this website. A small monthly contribution
makes such a huge difference to us over the course of the year. Make a donation on behalf of a friend or family member, in celebration of a special event, or in memory of a beloved person or pet.
- You can send a cheque to CCR at P.O. Box 262 , Cobble Hill BC V0R 1L0
- We now can accept etransfers at email@example.com please make sure your name and address contact info is included if you require a tax receipt.
- We have collection boxes on the counters at Mill Bay Veterinary Hospital, Cobble Hill Animal Hospital, Shar-Kare, Duncan Animal Hospital, Buckerfields, Top Shelf Feeds, McBarleys
Winery, Dragon Yaun restaurant, Mill Bay fish and chips, Moos Pizza, Lucky paws pet supply , Duncan Cobbler, Boselys Duncan Location and several other locations. Those pockets full of change
really add up for us.
- We have a profile on CanadaHelps.org, the platform for charities to fundraise and receive donations online. CanadaHelps accepts credit cards, and they
send out the tax receipt to donors. Like Paypal, CanadaHelps allows donors to make one-time donations or set up monthly donations.
- If you work for an organization that allows charitable donations to be deducted from your pay, designate Cowichan Cat Rescue to receive your donation. Provincial employees, Telus employees,
and a number of others are able to do this and we are always thrilled and surprised when the cheque arrives in the mail.
- And we are very cooperative with people who want to make a donation in person, or children who make birthday donations, or 'in memoriam' donations and so on...