Cat health

We are sometimes asked for medical advice by members of the public who are concerned about their pet cat. Our answer is always the same: we suggest you take your cat to a vet to be examined. We highly recommend the vets that we use, who are listed on the webpage titled Our veterinarians.


We are sometimes asked if we can help someone pay for medical care that their pet cat needs. Unfortunately we have no funds for this purpose. If a person cannot afford medical care for their cat, we suggest they surrender it to the SPCA – Cowichan District branch, which is a no-kill shelter, or contact the Victoria Humane Society for guidance.


For anyone interested in reading about cat health issues, they may want to look at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine’s Cornell Feline Health Center website.